Naval Medical Centre
The Naval Medical Centre (NMC) Sapele is a 23-bedded health facility that provides medical care and services to the trainees and staff of the Nigerian Naval Engineering College as well as personnel and their families in Ogorode and Ugbeyiyi Barracks.
The Naval Medical Centre (NMC) Sapele is a 23-bedded health facility that provides medical care and services to the trainees and staff of the Nigerian Naval Engineering College (NNEC) as well as personnel and their families in Ogorode and Ugbeyiyi Barracks. The NMC also provides medical care for civilian staff of the Ministry of Defence (MOD) and the surrounding communities at subsidized cost.
The Medical Centre has qualified medical practitioners and specialists/consultants that provide 24 hours medical services including surgical and gynaecological operations in our recently renovated theatre and maternity units.
The Centre periodically conducts examinations (medical check-ups) for individuals and corporate bodies either on retainership or direct payment. It is pertinent to mention that the Centre also has facilities for wide range of laboratory and radiological investigations such as substance abuse detection and electrocardiography. Ambulance and fumigation services are also available.
The Medical Centre provide health care services through different clinical service points. These include:
1. Out-Patient Department - General and Specialist Consultations
2. In-Patient Services - Air conditioned Wards and Private rooms with access to DSTV, fridge and feeding
3. Laboratory Unit - Substance Abuse Detection, Microbiology (M/C/s), Haematology, Biochemistry (E/U/Cr, Lipid Profile), etc
4. Radiology Unit - ECG, X-ray, Ultrasound Scan
5. Maternity Services - Deliveries, Antenatal Care, Post-natal Care
6. The Theatre Unit - General Surgeries and Gynaecological Procedures
7. The Dental Unit - Basic dental procedures and services
8. Immunization - Mother and child, General
9. Fumigation - Industrial-based and home-based services, Pest Control, etc
10. Ambulance / Referral Services - Within and outside Sapele (Hearse Services not provided)
11. Continuing Medical Education - Health Education, Capacity Building programmes, participation in Health Awareness Seminars, Research & Publications, etc
12. Counselling and Care - Family Planning, HIV/AIDS, Premarital counselling, Food Handlers Screening, etc
Looking for information you don't seem to find?
Type the word, click the search button or press the enter key… and voila you have it!